Tuesday 2 March 2010

"Close source" Reveals Himself

A man named Barry Warrington who lives near Whitstable, Kent today revealed himself as the "close source" that has been leaking invaluable information to newspapers and glossy magazines since time immemorial.

Mr. Warrington decided to lift his veil of security and disguise after being harassed around the clock by 'Women's Lifestyle' magazines and the tabloid press about Cheryl Cole's split from her husband, the Chelsea footballer Ashley Cole.

Mr. Warrington's house post-Cole split.
He spoke under his real name to PressPoke today, "I have made a long and lucrative career out of providing the media with quotes when they don't have real ones. This occupation has been my life for over thirty years and left me with little time to myself due to how seldom the press have any genuine testimonies or pieces of evidence to base worthless, fear mongering articles upon.

"Most of my day would be taken up by answering calls, mainly from The News of the World, The Sun and Hello! magazine, asking for my opinion or 'inside knowledge' about some political or celebrity related matter. My job was to then reply with something juicy on subjects I actually knew nothing about.

"However, the crunch came when the Coles announced their divorce. I could not take it any more! The phone was ringing off the hook twenty-four hours a day and journalists were pounding down my door like zombies."

Mr. Warrington even tried removing his pseudonym, 'Close Source, A.' from the phone book but that had little effect.

"The final straw came when I walked into my living room to find The Star's Jo Davison careering through my front window. She was lying on the floor amongst shattered glass with notepad in hand before looking up and asking, 'And have you noticed Cheryl putting on any weight or hitting the booze since the announcement?'

"Well that was it. I'd had enough and so have decided to reveal my identity as Barry Warrington. My favourite colour is blue and I enjoy stamp collecting and going fishing with my best friend Trevor.

"I think I'll go back to window cleaning for a living now," he added.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, This is one o my favorites so far! nice one!
    Finn

    ReplyDelete